We are experiencing Cobol program abending on z/OS 1.11.

Here's the scenario.

Programs are compiled and linked with 20 year old Cobol subroutines.
When we were running on z/OS 1.9, there were no problems compiling and
re-linking. Programs executed successfully.

Now on our z/OS 1.11 system, when we compile and re-link these same
programs they abend in the 20 year old Cobol routine
with a U4052 abend.

Any ideas?  Do you think the old COBOL sub-routine should be re-compiled?
The COBOL level is

COBOL Version = 1  Release = 3  Modification = 1

Thanks

John Norgauer
Senior Systems Programmer
Mainframe Technical Support Services
University of California Davis Medical Center
2315 Stockton Blvd
ASB 1300
Sacramento, Ca 95817
916-734-0536

 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING......  Guilty, until proven innocent !! "    JN  2004
"Hardware eventually breaks - Software eventually works"      anon