Jousma, David wrote:

>I'll be honest, I *don't* like JCLLIB's.

I can't resist this thread anymore!!! I have a mixed feeling about JCLLIBs. But
it is just me. ;-)

>Operationally, they are fine, but problem is JCL can now be scattered to the
>corners of the datacenter and possibly to generally unknown locations.

Hehehe, 'scattered to the corners ...'. Good way of saying which I will
remember of course. They're like those (cute?) rats we needed to exterminate in
our datacentres some gazillion years ago. :-)

Ok, seriously, in my opinion, I would like the procs be used as follow:

1. System procs as distributed with slight modifications for example HLQ naming
standards.
    //PROC00  DD  DSN=SYS1.PROCLIB,DISP=SHR
    //         DD  DSN=SYS1.IBM.PROCLIB,DISP=SHR

2. LPAR or Application specific proclibs. Some products may only be run in
certain LPARS for example licensing issues.
   //        DD  DSN=&SYSCODE1..PROCLIB

3. Your own unique procs, JCLLIBS of course, where you do something not
standardized. Some of our users are using pre- or post- steps during
compiling/lked thus requiring their own version of standard compile/link procs.
Or just having strange things with perhaps another set of naming standards
usually for testing weird things out.

Of course, above is perhaps not suitable for you and your datacentre.

To the OP:
I would like to suggest either JCLLIB or LPAR / application specific Proclibs
to solve your problem. Perhaps you can keep your APPL members in an unique
Proclib (JES2 or JCLLIB) only.

> Used to be you a finite(small) set of PROCLIB's that you *knew* contained all
> JCL and could easily react to changes.

And use RACF to stop snoopers changing 'official' proclibs members. I don't
like it when they change an important member and then some STCs fail... ouch...

Just my 2 cents which may be taxed or not. ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht