I won't argue APAR nor SPOOL, which is one acronym that is more meaningful than
its deriving phrase, Simultaneous Peripheral Operation On-Line, but I will have
to question Cadaver.  According to the OED, Cadaver in English is derived from
the Latin word for a dead body, related to to cadere, to fall....as in "drop
dead".   A quick search of the WWW shows that Wiktionary...an irrefutable
source!...has the following:

"From the Latin verb cadō (“I fall”), as a euphemism for dying, "the fallen
one". This etymology is found as early as ca. 200 CE in the writings of
Tertullian, who associated cadaver to cadendo : Atque adeo caro est quae morte
subruitur, ut exinde a cadendo cadaver enuntietur. (Tertullian, De
Resurrectione Carnis).

A folk etymology derives cadaver syllabically from the Latin expression caro
data vermibus. This etymology, more popular in Romance countries, can be traced
back as early as the Schoolmen of the Middle Ages."

Now, let's move on to "gringo".  ;-))