I moved the job to the system with the larger /tmp file system, added
the SMPWKDIR and the job worked.

What? I am totally confused. Your original append talked about space trouble during an APPLY operation. Specifically you showed output from running shell script BBN7DSCR. /tmp and SMPWKDIR have nothing to do with APPLY or running the shell script. /tmp and SMPWKDIR are used for RECEIVE FROMNET and ORDER. Your APPLY trouble was due to out-of-space on the /Z13/usr/lpp/zWebSphereOEM/V7R0/bin directory.

--
Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development