We had an issue on one system wherein hsm cds backups were failing on LPAR1
with RC=12 and REAS=08. The jrnl backups were going fine.

When browsing through the activity logs, I came across the following:

ADR376E (ttt)-mmmmm(yy), UNABLE TO ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL STORAGE FOR THE TASK

Since dfdss tries a concurrent backup of all 3 cds' to tape, I think it is
facing a memory issue. But since journal is not included in this concurrency,
it  always goes fine. Also, situation is compounded for hsm since mcds is
multi-cluster. So it requires the more memory.

But the backup on LPAR2 was running fine. So I think it comes down to the
region size on both tasks. LPAR1 has 8M but LPAR2 has 0M. Therefore I guess
LPAR2 has the capability to scale up the region size required by dfdss.

Shall we try modifying the REGION parm for LPAR1 and test the backvolcds
command

OR As earlier suggested the << Use the DSSXMMODE(?) SETSYS parm to run DSS in
its own cross-memory address space>> ..clearly in this case as well... It's
happening as too many DFDSS tasks are running in HSM., to backup the multiple
CDS's

Regards
Munish Sharma