To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
From: Jonathan Goossen
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Date: 11/02/2012 10:46AM
Subject: Re: RedBook EPUBs - How can you read them?

I followed your directions. Clicking on the 'Download EPUB' doesn't give
me your second URL. Instead Windows Explorer presents me with my download
options. Clicking on your second link gives me the same results as
clicking for the download.

It looks like it is your browser. (Maybe an option set somewhere?)

Have a Terrific day!

Jonathan Goossen, DTM
ACT Mainframe Storage Group
Personal: 651-361-4541
Department Support Line: 651-361-5555
For help with communication and leadership skills checkout Woodwinds
Toastmasters.

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
11/02/2012 05:18:15 AM:

> From: Birger <bir...@heede.dk>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 11/02/2012 05:18 AM
> Subject: Re: RedBook EPUBs - How can you read them?
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>
> Den 01-11-2012 22:58, Tom Longfellow skrev:
> >> Of  if you use Firefox browser, just install the EPUBReader extension
> >> and use Firefox.  Works on Fedora Linux and presumably would work on
> >> the many other platforms supported by Firefox.
> >>       jc ewing
> >
> > I apologize for being less than clear in my original post.
> > Another way of stating my problem is:   I do not get epub documents
> > delivered when I click on the EPUB RedBooks links.
> >

> For Volume 13 this is the web page presented:
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247717.html?Open
>
> and I select 'Download EPUB',  this link:
>
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/epubs/sg247717.epub
>
> good luck,
> Birger Heede

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.