From: DEBERT Jean-Louis [mailto:jl.deb...@rsd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 08:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: multi-volume SMS file allocation

Well,  yes, that works during writing the file.
But how do I allocate the file (before writing to it)  ?

I should have mentioned that the file is dynamically allocated. Well, if I
specify several volumes on my dynalloc, SMS will allocate as many PRIMARY space
as I specified volumes, one per volume.
Maybe it would work that way (using only primary allocation, and specifying no
secondary at all at allocation).
I still have a problem if some of those primary allocations are not used at all
at writing time, and I would like to free the unused space. RLSE will not do it
except on the volume active at CLOSE time, this is documented.