Jean Louis,

I may have misunderstood what you wanted, as you did not mention the RLSE
requirement.

If that is the case, then use UNIT COUNT in the DATACLAS, do not specify
secondary extents, and do not use a guaranteed space storage class. As you
write to the file sequentially a new primary extent will be allocated on a
2nd, 3rd, 4th volume as you fill the primary extent on the previous volume.

When you close the extent on the last used volume, the 4th in your example,
the unused space can be released. The 5th volume will never have space
allocated, but it will be in the catalog as a candidate volume, that can be
used in the event you grow the extent on the 4th volume. You can leave it
like that, or you can specify secondary extents for the subsequent opens so
the 4th volume will have secondary extents before moving on to the candidate
volume.

Ron