Which "log"? And what is the source of the command? I can do an UNMOUNT in TSO
(interactive or batch) to remount a filesystem to READ. I can also do a
"chmount" command from a UNIX shell session (interactive or batch) to do the
same. I don't think either of these commands writes to the z/OS SYSLOG or the
UNIX syslog daemon (assuming the OP is running it).

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group