Hi Shmuel:

I guess I always thought that Sequential Scheduling System (SSS or S-cubed) and PCP were synonymous. I do remember the transition to MFT and MVT. I attended IBM programming classes starting in April of 1966. The first release of OS/360 had just been shipped and we were programming on the same emulator that had been used to develop OS/360 itself.

My first job out of programming school was programming a hypervisor and an internal IBM product on OS/360 release 2. This was at the IBM lab in Poughkeepsie, NY.

I don't recall the ill-fated VMS (other than VAX/VMS), if there was an IBM VMS, can you fill me in?

I did work on the ill-fated FS (Future System) after participating in the design and development of MVS release 1. And I worked on the ill-fated VM/XB, which was a rival of VM/XA and was based on TSS/360 nucleus concepts. That was my last project at IBM, as I quit to become a consultant, due to my dissatisfaction with the project as a whole. That was in 1984.

Mike

   On 11/18/2012 09:37 PM,
In <50a8f4de.6020...@mentor-services.com>, on 11/18/2012