Peter,

Your post contains good generic advice.

For my shared-table subsystem I use two address spaces in  order to
greatly simplify recovery problems (in a fashion that I imagine you
have experience with).

Absolute guarantees are almost by definition impossible, but I can in
practical terms guarantee that the second (recovery) AS will live as
long as I want it to live.

In my own experience LOADs with GLOBAL=YES  and EOM=YES have been
reliable and unproblematic.  (As I tried to make clear in a preceding
post this experience is with data and not with executables.)

--
John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

t.