Peter Relson writes:

<begin extract>
It is already supported (z/OS 1.11) to do a LOAD with ADDR64 to an
area above the bar for non-executable code if you have a data table
module that you know can be above the bar (it better not have any
4-byte relocatable adcon's).
<end extract>

A number of the tables that I routinely LOAD above the bar are
compound ones comprised of several atomic tables, not all of which are
always present.  The compound table's stub thus contains pointers to
these atomic tables, and some of these pointers are sometimes nul.

All of this now works for me after much less travail than I had expected.

I would rephrase Peter's formulation,

"(it better not have any 4-byte relocatable adcon's)",

slightly, changing it to

"it better be AMODE(64)".

His point is in a certain sense, or at least ought to be, obvious; but
that does not make it less important.  Students, mine anyway, often
fail to understand that AMODE is relevant for tables too.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA