Hi

Thank you, seems to be better to use a test LPAR.
(I'm testing some HSM exits.)

On 04.12.2012 16:24, Lizette Koehler wrote:
If you want to implement MASH (Multiple Address Space HSM) then you need to
SHARE the CDS, LOGs, etc.

I would suggest that route as you can then move some of the functions to the
various HSM address spaces.

Otherwise I do not think you would want to run more than one HSM with
DIFFERENT CDS, LOGS, etc, you may have issues with various HSM functions.

I am not sure what kind of tests you want to do, but I would not recommend
multiple HSMs unless you are very very very very careful and certain of what
you are doing.  One could backup volumes at the same time the other one
decided it needed to do something.  So you could corrupt your environment.

Instead I might create different IPL processes for testing to perhaps do
what you want.

Lizette