Jim Mulder wrote:

<begin extract>
There is an implicit and (and unfortunately, unenforceable)
restriction that if you are writing any SRB mode code, you need to
have a considerable amount of knowledge about how z/OS works.
<end extract>

This is 'more than true', but it is also true that we learn by doing.
One of the more useful functions of IBM-MAIN is to provide relative
novices with a forum in which they can ask questions about functions
that they are underqualified to implement.  My problem with the OP's
position is that he is aggressively defensive about his ignorance.

His ignorance---We were all once in tht state---requires no defense,
but there are protocols for asking other for help in dissipating it.

John Gilmore, Ashland, Ma 01721 - USA

--
John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

t.