Peter,

My post was not intended as a criticism, even an implicit one, of the
other documentation.  I have been very  pleased, and just a little
surprised, by what seems to me to be the much improved and improving
quality of the prologues.

This may, as you half suggest, be only an artefact of the way in which
they are now prepared; but I suspect that a systematic effort to
improve them is being made; and, since I sometimes throw brickbats, it
seemed appropriate to praise what is admirable too.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA