On 12/14/2012 12:27 AM, Timothy Sipples wrote:
Among the more interesting ones are a ~25 MIPS System z10 BC listed at
$35,000 (which would be eligible for zELC licensing and which has a full
capacity of 3 MSUs), a ~50 MIPS z890 listed at $9,999, and a ~46 MIPS z890
also listed at $9,999. Shipping seems to be free within the U.S...

When we ran up against the "No z10 memory upgrade MES" issue, we were going to buy this machine and donate it to our IBM business partner (Mainline) in exchange for the 8GB of memory inside. But, the outrageous price IBM wanted to "enable" that memory put the kybosh on the deal.

It would have been fun to buy a z10 on eBay!!

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc