Long ago I found the following details and sent it to my team. You may find the
extra details useful:

++++++++++++++++++++

Use the following to FTP a DFDSS Dump.

  First, issue the QUOTE SITE command as follows, which will
        assure the receiving file will have the proper DCB attributes...

             QUOTE SITE BLKSIZE=27998 LRECL=0 RECFM=U PRI=xxx SEC=xxx
        TRACK

           Of course you much change the space parameters as necessary.
        Then,
        prior to issuing the actual PUT command, issue these commands.

             MODE B
             EBCDIC

           Mode B tells FTP to use block mode transfers.

           The result is a file DFDSS likes!

Jerry Whitteridge
Lead Systems Programmer
Safeway Inc.