On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:09:07 -0500, Don Williams <donb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know if they still exist, but there use to be applications that did
>BLDLs of linklist modules. Refreshing LLA was moot.

LLA is still in play here and beneficial.

> Compressing those
>libraries could be hazardous to those applications.

It still is if you don't remove it from LLA first.

>Then there was the co-worker
> who liked to stage changes in linklist and not do the LLA refresh until
> implelemtation time. aghhh...

Exactly what I was referring to when I said it could be dangerous to
do an LLA REFRESH.    This is a common "strategy" for some people
or shops to change a module or modules and not do the LLA UPDATE
until a specific time.

> Dynamically adding or deleting libraries was
> not possible back then.

To LNKLST - yes.  But you were able to add / remove libraries
from LLA.  Don't confuse LNKLST with LLA.

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com