From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:14 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LLA Management of Linklst datasets

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:38:37 -0800, retired mainframer
<retired-mainfra...@q.com> wrote:

>My rule of thumb, drilled into me long before z/OS, was "any change to
>the link list merits a refresh of LLA."  Don't know if it's still valid
>but it never caused a problem.  To me, it looks like very cheap insurance.

That would be true of changing something in an existing library in the LNKLST,
but not to dynamic add of a library.  The second statement about cheap
insurance isl true, although I would change it to LLA UPDATE.  A refresh of the
entire LNKLST could break something (plus has a negative performance impact).

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com