I don't see any cause for alarm on servers, including on z/OS. To the
extent the applet runtime environment is modified for security reasons I
expect the server implementations to get updated for behavioral
consistency, but it's no emergency in my view. Unless you make it a habit
of affirmatively downloading Java programs from unknown sources and running
it with limited or no external controls on the Java runtime. In which case
you're already in trouble, particularly if you're using an operating system
and Java implementation that the author of the malicious program
anticipated and tested.

Timothy Sipples
Consulting Enterprise IT Architect (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com