On Fri, January 18, 2013 15:37, Walt Farrell wrote:
> You could, of course, specify a second name on your PUT command to rename
> the data set or member to something different that will work on the remote
> site (i.e., that does not use the problematic national characters).

Yes, I could. But what I'm after is something like PUT
'USERA.TSO.EXEC(*)', which will fail on the very first member and abort ($
is first in the alphabet...).

x'5B' is a valid character in a dataset and member name, no matter which
codepage. So I should be able to transfer a dataset that has a x'5B'
character in its name.

Thanks,
Boris