> OK, we finally noticed we had back-level IPLTEXT on the SADMP IPL
> volume.  Re-generated SADMP, captured the dump, and now IPCS gives
> us this "hate mail":
>
> Dump written by z/OS 01.13.00 stand alone dump - level same as IPCS
> level
> z/Architecture mode system
> CPU(0) STATUS available
> Stand alone dump required 00:22 to record to SYS1.SADMP.DDS1
> 28,578 blocks, 118,884,480 bytes, in DSNAME('my.stand.alone.dump')
> TIME-04:28:01 PM. CPU-00:00:02 SERVICE-25837 SESSION-01:34:22 JANUARY
25,2013
> BLS18104I Symbol CVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PFT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol CVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PFT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PSAVALID not found
> BLS18104I Symbol CVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol IARHVSHR not found
> BLS18104I Symbol CVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PFT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol CVT not found
> BLS18104I Symbol PVT not found
> ***
>
> Looks almost like OA32829, but no BLS18154I messages.  The only
> other hits I get on IBMLink involve multiple SADMP IPLs, or 28 or
> more CPUs; neither applies here.  Besides, both of those APARs have
> PTFs only up to z/OS 1.12.

 I would start with
\
STATUS CPU(0) REGS

and

VERBX SADMPMSG

  Also, make sure that IPCS is accessing the
IPCS-related parmlib members for the correct release.  These
parmlib members would be coming from the IPCSPARM ddname
if you are using one, or your parmlib concatenation
(viewable via  D PARMLIB )  otherwise.

 If the problem is not apparent, the easiest thing
is usually to open a PMR and send in the dump so I
can look at it.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY