Not the problem. The problem appears to be a "permanent" data set
allocation with a name like: SYS13036.Thhmmss.RA0.userid.COBLST. The ACS
routines say that this allocation is not DSTYPE='TEMP'. So that test does
not match. Eventually the STORCLAS falls down to the OTHERWISE which fails
the allocation due to NON-STANDARD DATA SET NAME. Strangely, my boss has
gotten around it by changing the DISP=(MOD,PASS) to DISP=(OLD,PASS) in the
SCL for the Endevor processor.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Mike Wawiorko wrote:
>
>> SYS13036.T095110.RA0.TSH012.**COBLST
>>
>> At a quick glance this looks like a temporary dataset. Could you have two
>> similarly named trying to be allocated within the same second 09:51:10?
>>
>>  <snip>
>
> If so...it's worth a look at the ALLOCxx parmlib support we added in z/OS
> V1.12, which should vastly reduce the probability of that sort of problem
> occurring for temporary data sets.
>
> The keyword is SYSTEM TEMPDSFORMAT(UNIQUE|**INCLUDELABEL), and
> INCLUDELABEL (the way the system used to act) is the default.
>
> --
> John Eells
> z/OS Technical Marketing
> IBM Poughkeepsie
> ee...@us.ibm.com

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. If this had been an
actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to tell you?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown