At 19:21 -0600 on 02/11/2013, John McKown wrote about Re: How do people lock down the compilers "inside" CA Endev:

I guess I missed that on the first read. It is true you cannot force
clients to be reasonable. Possibly what you could do is make a member name
which is not valid in JCL. Such as using some non printable binary data.
You can still do LINK and LOAD macros on that and execute the program that
way.

Doing this type of rename is going to turn around and bite you as soon as you have to run SMPE to update the compiler to apply fixes. It will fail due to not finding the official name of the modules.