"To enable the WorkLoad Manager (WLM), select Enable workload manager. Selecting WLM from one processor details automatically selects WLM from the other processor details and conversely. Specify the minimum and maximum processing weights. Change LPAR management weights based on customer policies and current work loads. "

Indeed, to enable WLM I have to check "Enable WLM". I wouldn't know that!
Of course there is no explanation what does it mean "enable WLM". WLM is enabled on every z/OS image and cannot be disabled. So, there must be some other explanation of the words above. IRD? No clue about IRD.

However I found "WLM checkbox" in the chapter about IRD:
"For each logical partition that will participate in LPAR weight management, do the following:

- Make sure that "Initial Capping" is turned off. WLM cannot manage the weight of a logical partition that is capped.

- Enter the initial processing weight. This becomes the logical partition's weight when it is first IPLed.

- Enter the minimum and maximum weights. These set the lower and upper limits for the weights that WLM will assign to the logical partition.

- Check the "WLM Managed" box. This is the final step in activating LPAR weight management." ---> THAT'S THE CHECKBOX!

BTW: I never used IRD for simple reason: lack of sysplex.

So, to my knowledge:
WLM checkbox - used only for IRD, leave unchecked otherwise.
Defined Capacity - simply put non-zero value, uncheck Initial Capping on CP, zIIP, zAAP.

Thank you Kees!
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

P.S.
I just found another "helpful" explanation:
Image Pforile, Options tab:

"CP management cluster name

The name specified for the CP management cluster. "

I suspect it's also IRD related stuff.