> Messages in z/OS do not wrap and are not formatted.

In the nextt paragraph you say the opposite.

> Multi-line messages are multiple MLWTO's

No, it's generally what its name suggests, a single WTO that specifies multiple
lines of text, although there is a CONNECT parameter that allows you to add a
line to an outstanding WTO.

> z/OS messages and codes.

The last time that there was a messages and codes manual was in OS/360; z/OS
MVS System Codes is a separate manual. There is a z/OS MVS System Messages
Volume 1 (ABA - AOM) that describes message formats and has a Directory of
messages by prefix and component, but for explanations of specific message you
must go to the appropriate volume.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3