i would like to use the bpxwunix function to run, either HOST or DIG or
nslookup commands, seems pretty straightforward ...
but I can not get the put to com back to me, it has to be something silly i am
overlooking, any help would be appreciated

/*  rexx  */
say 'hostname running'
RC = SYSCALLS('ON')
If RC<0 | RC>4 Then Exit RC
address TSO 'Execio * Diskr input (STEM ipaddr. finis'
Address SYSCALL
 Do i = 1 to ipaddr.0
    call bpxwunix 'host ',ipaddr.i,out.
    say 'inaddr ' ipaddr.i
    say 'out ' out.
 Address tso
 'Execio 1 Diskw ddout (STEM out. '
 End
 "EXECIO 0 DISKW ddout (FINIS)"
 Exit
the input is for example, the ipaddr.0 is number of lines, then the IP's i wish
to query.
2
8.8.8.8
8.8.4.4

for the host command under omvs/ishell, i get EZZ8321I dns.google has addresses
8.8.8.8
i am expecting that returned back to my out. stack

i get the same null results in TSO interactive as batch, here's the JCL

//@TSOSYSP EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,REGION=8M,
// PARM='HOSTNAME'
//SYSEXEC DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSEXEC
//SYSTSPRT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN    DD DUMMY,LRECL=80
//STDOUT     DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR     DD SYSOUT=*
//DDOUT      DD SYSOUT=*
//INPUT      DD DISP=SHR,DSN=MYOMVS.PDSE(STDIN)