It's been really quite a troublesome effort for me, Michael, but I guess
it's true to say that most of the problems are down to my rudimentary
knowledge of TCPIP and networking in general.
For various reasons, I have to use a tunnelled connection through to the
z/OS guest, and that makes things a bit more interesting.
The 'Getting Started' redbook (SG24-8457-00) has been my sole point of
reference all the way through, and yeah, it's OK - up to point. it doesn't
cover the tunnelling complication, naturally, and there are some very poor
typos to take into account.
As for the Workload Provisioning process in z/OSMF - after you've specified
a bunch of parameters, it's just a JCL generator/job submitter/checker with
a couple of z/OSMF-specific bits thrown in.
During the initial parameter specification phase I had considerable
difficulty at the point of specifying the RSA key, but eventually got it
right.
Step 3.2 in the process - where some sort of version information is looked
for - has always failed for me. I've never been able to make it work as
expected and have had to force it to a 'complete' state by clicking the
'Finish' button.

I tried to adapt the process detailed in the redbook to suit our security
set-up, but the result never worked. In the end, I followed the procedure
to the letter, and created the ZCXxxx users and groups in RACF as specified.
Result - I've finally got a working container that I can log in to. The
next step according to the redbook is to download an image from
hub.docker.com, but when I try the specified command - 'docker pull nginx'
- the container tries to go to registry-1.docker/.io/v2 - which isn't
specified anywhere in the parameter files created by z/OSMF  - and it times
out.
I've added suitable mods to \etc\hosts, \etc\ipnodes and to TCPIP.HOSTS,
messed around with DNS specifications and I've commented out the IPSEC
statements in the TCPIP PROFILE parameters (thank gawd for sandbox
systems!). Nothing along those lines has altered the situation.
Now, I'm waiting for our company networking guys to suggest other things to
try.

Good luck with your efforts, Michael.
I hope you have a smoother ride than I have had so far.

Sean