IBM are supporting university training in Mainframe in a hands-off manner.

A friend of mine has just run a COBOL course at a North Queensland
university. The mainframe used for classes was the Marist system.

The customers were a large Australian Bank and a territory government
employer. It seems that some big organisations here in Australia are not
exiting the mainframe as quickly as they envisaged and having pensioned off
the older mainframes, they are in a pickle.

I also ran courses a few years ago at Canberra University. We offered a
Degree and Masters level units. COBOL, DB2, CICS were the predominant items
with some z/VM.

The mainframe environment was supplied by IBM on the Dallas RDP setup.

All my students on the Masters class were from overseas, China and India.
One Chinese student was very good, I would have employed him

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 2:55 PM Bob Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> LOL - you may just have made my tagline file, Bill.  We'll see whether I
> still like it well enough tomorrow.  Like this:
>
> ---
> Bob Bridges, robhbrid...@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
>
> The problem with journalism today is everyone thinks they are one....
> -Bill Johnson in the listserv IBM-MAIN

Wayne V. Bickerdike