Hi Folks,

   Just wanted to say that I've posted David Spiegel's Assembler program and REXX to File 836 on the Updates page, as 3 members:  RACROUTE (assembler program), RACRAUTH (rexx), and RACROUT$ (assembly JCL).  I would recommend renaming the RACRAUTH rexx to something like DSAUTH, but for the purpose of posting on that file, I had to keep the member names related to each other.  I also changed the load module name to RACROUT, so as not to confuse with the macro.

Examples:   From userid USER42:

dsauth 'USER43.ISPF.ISPPROF'

REASON CODE IN DECIMAL IS 0
00 THE USER HAS NO ACCESS.
04 THE USER HAS READ AUTHORITY.
08 THE USER HAS UPDATE AUTHORITY.
12 THE USER HAS CONTROL AUTHORITY.
16 THE USER HAS ALTER AUTHORITY

The UACC of profile USER43.* is NONE.

Another example:

dsauth sys1.linklib

REASON CODE IN DECIMAL IS 16
00 THE USER HAS NO ACCESS.
04 THE USER HAS READ AUTHORITY.
08 THE USER HAS UPDATE AUTHORITY.
12 THE USER HAS CONTROL AUTHORITY.
16 THE USER HAS ALTER AUTHORITY

This userid has ALTER access to SYS1.LINKLIB.  I don't know if that's safe, but that's the fact, and it's nice to know it.

In any case, you get the idea.

   All the best of everything to all of you.   Stay safe.

Sincerely,     Sam