On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 16:04:06 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Why not just set keyboard unlock in the WCC and do a TGET NOWAIT before each
>TPUT?

Is the Write Control Character under control of the end user, or even
of the OMVS developer?  I sense a political battle: "What need ...?"

Suppose there's extended computation with no terminal output?
Should the terminal driver routinely do the TGET NOWAIT after
every ENTER and save the data in the terminal input FIFO?
(Lock the terminal on FIFO overflow.)  What does CMS do?

An example on MacOS:
    596 $ sleep 10; while read I; do echo Saw $I; done; echo EOF
    first
    second
    third
    ^D