You might want to consider whether transportability is an issue.  How do you
get your backups to your disaster recovery site?  The systems I worked on were
prohibited from connecting to public networks.

You might also want to consider operational security.  If your new storage
device is physically on line, it is subject to things like accidental data
deletion and damage from a power surge, fire, or EMP.  A tape drive in a secure
vault could probably survive the next mass extinction.

And after you resolve all the technical issues, somebody should still bring up
cost.  It's not just acquisition cost per megabyte but things like equipment
footprint, power, air conditioning, maintenance.  And don't forget planned
obsolescence.  Mine was one of the last sites in the company (country?) to use
9345s.