From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Grant Taylor
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Using SSH and SFTP from Windows to z/OS using authorized_keys ???

On 7/5/20 12:02 PM, Lionel B Dyck wrote:
> I thought using SSH/SFTP would be able to skip the password by using
> my ssh key?

Check the permissions of the ~/.ssh folder and all parent folders.
Group and other can't have write.

Ask the admin to check the ssh server logs.  It will almost always say why the
key is ignored.

There is also a chance that the SSH daemon has been configured to not allow
keys.

Try adding "-v" to the ssh command to increase verbosity.  Make sure that your
client is offering the key.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die