On 7/23/20 2:27 PM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
Are you assuming direct-to-MX?

Given the prior comments about wanting to not smart host / off-load to a different local SMTP server, yes, I'm assuming direct-to-MX with my comments / questions.

Are you assuming using a mail server not under the control of the z/OS system's management.

Sorry, that's somewhat nebulous. Are you asking about the z/OS SYSPROGs or the company management that said SYSPROGs report to?

If not, then I've already addressed the issue.

I agree that having z/OS smart-host to a different SMTP server that does the to-MX sending would address my comments / questions. I assume that said smart-host is under the same company management hierarchy (or subcontracted there from), even if it's not actually the z/OS SYSPROGs.

I believe that enforcing TLS with CSSMTP being used as direct-to-MX is going to be problematic. At least for a general outbound email. Business-to-business might be considerably less problematic.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die