On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 07:58:07 +1000, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:

>Centigrade was derived from Celsius, however, both described only the
>freezing point and boiling point of water at NTP.

If "was derived" implies a historical sequence, I think you have it reversed.

>My physics teachers said don't say >100 centigrade. It's outside the
>bounds. So physicists use Kelvin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius
    ...  Before being renamed to honor Anders Celsius in 1948, ...

So prior to 1948 tempeatures outside those bounds simply didn't
exist, or had to be stated as Fahrenheit or Kelvin?

-- gil