Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>z/OS TSO RECEIVE has the useful FROMDSN and FROMDD options.  Has

>CMS RECEIVE anything similar?  But there are the Pipelines 64DECODE

>and DEBLOCK NETDATA filters which should be useful for this.  No

>PIPELINES VMARC, AFAIK.

Sure: RECEIVE <fn <ft <fm>>>

MAILABLE was also designed to be as robust as possible: Lotes at the time had a
tendency to indent and/or split lines, even short ones (I forget the details),
and it was usually able to deal with that.

Again, not so useful nowdays: an XMITted/DMSDDL DUMPed file, transferred as F
80 and binary, works pretty reliably. But MAILABLE was fun to write.

...phsiii