>https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4.ieag100/paxr.htm
>
>FORCE AXR,ARM does the same things, but in a slightly less graceful way...

Must have come in via ptf after I downloaded the manuals when z/OS 2.4 came
out. My versions don't show it.

Just tried
F AXR,SR STOPTSO
AXR0214I SYSREXX STOPTSO IS ACCEPTED.  ALL SUBSEQUENT TSO=YES
REQUESTS WILL BE REJECTED

That's all I need. Will tell my automation guy to put it into the shutdown
sequence right after health checker is taken down.
That is z/OS 2.3 at ptf level 2006. I wonder if it already worked at 1912 -
production is still at 1912 and will get refreshed this Saturday.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking this thread, I learned something new!

Barbara