If I code SECTALGN(16) for a Binder invocation I get alignment on a
doubleword boundary, at an address A such that A = 0 mod(16).

If instead I code STARTBDY=16 in a STORAGE GET macro I get alignment
on a  2^16 = 65536-byte boundary, at an address A such that A = 0
mod(2^16), i.e., A = 0 mod(65536).

Different groups view the world differently; this disparity is
nevertheless a poster boy for an architectural police force.   Options
that were once arcane, the province of coloro che sanno, are coming
into regular use by the mandolinisti too; and more coherence is called
for.

In this case, however, it is clearly too late to impose coherence.
Some notions need to be strangled in their cribs, and one of these
escaped before it could be dispatched.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA