From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 4:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: EXTERNAL EMAIL: How get a user to use his own catalog
rather than master?

CAUTION EXTERNAL EMAIL

Well geez, now you tell me, after I have it all working. :-)

I followed @John McKown's instructions: DEF ALIAS(NAME('NEWUSER') RELATE('name
of existing user high level catalog'))

1. How would I decide whether to give the user his or her own catalog? I would
guess I do *not* need one. There will be a handful of very specialized userids
with zero or nearly zero long-term cataloged datasets.

2. What would the above command look like if NEWUS01 through NEWUS20 were all
going to share the same user catalog?

Charles