On 9/30/2020 10:24 PM, R Hey wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

I ordered UJ01255, it had PUT2001 (no RSUnnnn 8 months later).

I did raise the issue with support, was told :

  UJ01255 was not included in RSU2001.
  It didn't not meet the following criteria:
  -Severity 1 or 2
  -HIPER
  -PEFIX
  -Security/integrity
  -Special Attention
  -Pervasiveness

I've read/heard that one should order RECOMMENDED, then apply srcid(RSUnnnn).
I did an ORDER-ALL today for zos 2.3 & got 490 PTFs more than I got 2 weeks ago
for RECOMENDED.
20 of them has RSU2008, 391 had PUTnnnn.

So if I apply RSU**, I'll miss 391+ PTFs.

How do you guys do apply, srcid(PUTnnnn)?

IBM's, and my personal recommendation, is to apply SOURCEID(RSU*). Order ALL, as there is no harm in having a PTF in your hands, but APPLY SOURCEID(RSU*). PTFs which have not yet been assigned an RSU* sourceid are not yet recommended by IBM. The time line in which a PTF gets recommended depends on a number of factors which you identified, but even the low severity PTFs will eventually be recommended, after it goes through IBM's Consolidated Service Test cycle. It is usually ~90 days, but depending on schedules it can take up to ~180 days for a given PTF.
Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.