IBM would be in the discussion for massive market cap today if not for the
government forcing them out of the PC market.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, October 11, 2020, 1:48 AM, Wayne Bickerdike <wayn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

At 6.5%, the iPhone maker’s share in the S&P 500 just surpassed the record
6.4% that IBM held 35 years ago, data compiled by S&P Dow Jones Indices and
Bloomberg show. Apple’s overall market cap stands at $1.875 trillion, about
7% away from $2 trillion.

The breakthrough speaks to the strength of a company that few can match in
a year when Covid-19 is raging. Up 49% this year, Apple’s gain beats all
U.S. companies with a market value above $300 billion, except for
Amazon.com Inc. The share rally has picked up after the company’s quarterly
revenue crushed Wall Street forecasts, boosted by demand from locked down
consumers for new iPhones, iPads and Mac computers to stay connected during
the pandemic.

--
Wayne V. Bickerdike