From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Rupert Reynolds <rreyno...@cix.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 9:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is there a JES2 command to submit a job?

Off the cuff, I'm pretty sure it runs as an STC, but one that doesn't do
the things you'd normally expect an STC to do.

I don't know whether any versions of MVS and z/OS, or any automation, would
react to an "STC" ending without doing the usual, but I'd guess not.
I know MVS 3.8 (TK4-) accepts this happily, as I start my own code from
SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMNDxx)
to create an extra control block and then exit.

Roops