From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Gary Weinhold
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 1:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: MVS RESMGR exit

Excuse me for asking this question here, but I can't find an IMS DC list.

We rely on getting control at task termination to clean up resources used by
our software.  We create a PC to add an MVS RESMGR exit when our software is
first accessed in an IMS MPR.  If there is a pseudo-abend, which we understand
means the TCB on which transactions run will terminate, we expect our RESMGR
exit to execute.  The IMS MPR control program will then attach a new TCB in the
region on which to run transactions.  Our software will be reinitialized if a
transaction accesses it.  This could happen many times.  However, if our RESMGR
exit doesn't execute, we may deplete resources.

Is it possible that the IMS MPR control program bypasses or deletes our RESMGR
exit on some pseudo-abends?

Gary Weinhold
Senior Application Architect
DATAKINETICS | Data Performance & Optimization
Phone:+1.613.523.5500 x216
Email: weinh...@dkl.com
Visit us online at www.DKL.com
E-mail Notification: The information contained in this email and any
attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other
intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you
notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your
mail system.