On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:51:51 -0500 Gary Weinhold <weinh...@dkl.com> wrote:

:>Excuse me for asking this question here, but I can't find an IMS DC list.

:>We rely on getting control at task termination to clean up resources
:>used by our software.  We create a PC to add an MVS RESMGR exit when our
:>software is first accessed in an IMS MPR.  If there is a pseudo-abend,
:>which we understand means the TCB on which transactions run will
:>terminate, we expect our RESMGR exit to execute.  The IMS MPR control
:>program will then attach a new TCB in the region on which to run
:>transactions.  Our software will be reinitialized if a transaction
:>accesses it.  This could happen many times.  However, if our RESMGR exit
:>doesn't execute, we may deplete resources.

:>Is it possible that the IMS MPR control program bypasses or deletes our
:>RESMGR exit on some pseudo-abends?

It has been a while, but it appears that the TCB does not always end when one
expects.

Are you just guessing that there is a problem, or do you see evidence of a
problem?

Are you seeing the tasks ending without your RESMGR doing its job?

Do you need to clean up if the message region runs a new program?

http://www.dissensoftware.com