On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:18:55 -0800, Charles Mills wrote:

>But NOSLINE disables SOURCELINE and full Rexx TRACE, and more importantly
>prevents execution with the alternate library, that is, prevents execution
>unless the target system licenses (pays for) the full library.

Providing a strong hint into the very rudimentary implementation
of the alternate library.

https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/zOSV2R3sh198160/$file/h1981606.pdf
makes no mention of ADDRESS WITH redirection.  Doesn't seem very "standard" to
me.

I wonder whether the alternate library supports STREAM I/O.  If they're
external functions, it might.  But then still no SIGNAL/CALL on NOTREADY.

-- gil