From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Gibney, Dave
Sent: 29 January 2021 19:55
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Inspecting and extracting from /OS transportable files on other
platforms?

   I am still interested in a Windows (or Linux) tool that can understand
PDS/E unload format.

    But, here is another question. GIMZIP creates a GIMPAF.XML file
describing the contents. I would like to process this file back into the
GIMZIP package control tags. The purpose is to re-archive my system at it's
current RSU state.
  I've never needed to really pay attention to XML or predecessors (I was
last in the general arena with DCE 35 years ago)
  I am sure I can do this with ordinary editors (ISPF), or Rexx, probably
even SORT. Or throw in some Excel.
 Seems there might be an XML editor to make this easier.

to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN