It is clear that the HLASM publications budget is not luxurious, but
that is of a piece with the fact that the HLASM is itself on a
bare-subsistence budget.

It does not much interest IBM's management, I suspect because it is
not the focus of 'interesting' activity.  Moreover, it is not a profit
center.  It generates no identifiable revenue stream; it is instead
'given away' as a part of the operating system (which is of course
paid for).

Those of us who value it need to find ways to convey our sense of its
importance to IBM's management.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA