On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 11:36:45 -0800, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>On 3/5/2013 11:18 AM, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:
>> PMFJI here, but documenting important changes only in an APAR leaves out all
>> of the application programmers like myself who have no access to the APAR
>> documentation site, which is restricted to systems programmers with valid
>> IBM logons.
>
>I was under the impression that all closed APARs were available via a
>public Internet search using Google or similar technology. Not so?

    If you don't find it in the Index, look very
    carefully through the entire catalogue.
    --Consumer's Guide, Sears, Roebuck, and Co. (1897)
    (Cited by Knuth in the Index to Volume I.)

    VOGON CAPTAIN: There's no point in acting all surprised about it. All the
planning
        charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning
        department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years so you've
had plenty
        of time to lodge any formal complaints and its far too late to start
making a fuss
        about it now.
    --Hitchhiker

-- gil