If I'm not mistaken, FDR has an ENQ/NOENQ option.  You decide which you can
tolerate in your situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Clark Morris
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2021 7:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: question on enqueues

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open
attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

[Default] On 15 Feb 2021 15:37:38 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
rpomm...@sfgmembers.com (Pommier, Rex) wrote:

>I have one that's puzzling me and I'm sure there's a simple solution/answer.
>I'm seeing 2 jobs running on a single system that are hitting an enqueue
>problem on a parmlib.  The JCL in both jobs has DISP=SHR, yet one of the jobs
>has an exclusive ENQ on the library.  Here's the scenario:

I suspect the flash process does an exclusive ENQ on all data sets being
flashed.

Clark Morris