Is your profile on that LPAR setup correctly to handle enhanced ASCII?

On 28/02/2021 4:23 am, Lionel B Dyck wrote:
I’m having an issue on a test lpar with git for z/OS – both version 2.14 and
the latest 2.26 ports.

I’ve looked at this as have several others without success.

When I attempt a git clone I get this error:

fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: ---Á

When I do a ssh g...@github.com <mailto:g...@github.com>  git-receive-pack
lbdyck/qtab.git I get this:

--ÄÁ---Ä--Ã----Ã-À--ÄÂÂ--Á-/ÄÁ-------À----/--ÊÁÃËÇÁ/ÀË_/ËÈÁÊÊÁø?ÊÈ-ËÈ/ÈÍË-ÊÁ
ø?ÊÈ-ËÈ/ÈÍË-Î--ÀÁ%ÁÈÁ-ÊÁÃË-ËÑÀÁ-Â/>À---,-ÉÍÑÁÈ-/È?_ÑÄ-?Ã

Ë-ÀÁ%È/-øÍËÇ-?øÈÑ?>Ë-?¦ÁÄÈ-Ã?Ê_/È-ËÇ/--/ÅÁ>È-ÅÑÈÅÑÈÇÍÂ-Å-ÃÃ-Ä/À----------

If I do the same ssh g...@github.com <mailto:g...@github.com>
git-receive-pack lbdyck/qtab.git on one of my other systems it looks like
this:

00ce342c27f0363f6d24cbb68e8ace7454218d4828a2 refs/heads/masterreport-status
report-status-v2 delete-refs side-band-64k quiet atomic

ofs-delta push-options object-format=sha1 agent=git/github-g2ff1cad44179

We’ve looked at the TCP/IP setup, the SSH setup, and the Git setup with no
joy.  We’ve also confirmed that the ssh public key has been properly added
to github.

Can anyone provide any suggestions that will help resolve this?

Thank you

Lionel B Dyck <sdg><

Website:  <http://www.lbdsoftware.com/> www.lbdsoftware.com

"Worry more about your character than your reputation.  Character is what
you are, reputation merely what others think you are." - John Wooden